Basic requirements for Certified House Parent Internships are as follows:
- Must be at least 18 years old.
- Must be enrolled in a Community College or University.
- Certified House Parent Interns must need a minimum of 120 hours to complete for their quarter/semester.
- Must have Washington State Patrol and Department of Social & Health Services background checks completed by VBCN.
- Must maintain strict confidentiality.
- Must pass interview screening and participate in new staff training sessions.
- Must be willing to adhere to Washington State Licensing requirements.
To apply to be a Certified House Parent Intern, please fill out our online internship/practicum application.