Parent Education Classes
Call 509.598.7490 to find out when our next class is available and to sign up!
Please call 509.598.7490 to see when our next class is and to enroll.
The classes are free and open to the public.
A limited amount of free child care is offered on a first-come, first-served basis.
Registration is required and classes fill quickly so parents are encouraged to call early to enroll.
In these sessions, you will learn about:
- What to expect from your child
- Child development
- Positive discipline
- Anger and stress management
- And much more
Other Parenting Classes offered in Spokane
Please contact each agency individually for more information about their classes.
Catholic Charities Childbirth and Parenting Assistance (CAPA) Program
Where: 12 E 5th Ave.
Contact: (509) 455-4986
About: CAPA/PREPARES (Childbirth and Parenting Assistance) provides an environment for parents to build loving bonds with their kids to prepare them for a healthy future. CAPA/PREPARES offers stabilizing and advocacy services to expecting and parenting individuals and families with children ages 5 and under. Please visit https://www.cceasternwa.org/capaprepares for up-to-date information on all CAPA classes.
- Circle of Security style parenting class. Registration is open April 6-16th
Classes will be held on:
- Mondays beginning 4/19 from 1-2:30 pm – email@example.com
- Tuesdays beginning 4/20 from 12-1:30 pm – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Wednesdays beginning 4/21 from 1-2:30 pm – email@example.com
To register, contact the person listed for preferred time/day
Classes meet 1x/week for 8-10 weeks
- Prepared Mom’s Class – meets every Thursday via zoom. This is a support group for families/parents that are looking for tips/tricks/advice. Contact CAPA at 509-455-4986 or send them a Facebook message to get an invitation to the next week’s meeting.
Partners with Families and Children
Where: 106 W. Mission Spokane
Contact: (509) 473-4810
Classes: Below is a list of classes offered at Partners with Families and Children. Please contact them at (509) 473-4810 to learn more about class times and availability.
- Engaging Fatherhood is a workshop for men that emphasizes the development of supportive, loving and positive relationships with the children in their lives.
- Incredible Years is a parenting program focusing on involvement in children’s school experiences, promoting academic, social and emotional skills and reducing conduct problems in children ages 6-12.
- Guiding Good Choices (GGC) is a drug use prevention program that empowers parents to guide their children through the challenges of early adolescence.
- Circle of Security is a relationship-based early intervention program designed to enhance attachment security between parents and children.
Contact: (509) 487-1603
Circle of Security parenting series is available to all NE Spokane caregivers and parents of children ages 0-6 years old. This course is free and all materials are delivered to participants home. The ZoNE is located in the Northeast Community Center. Currently being held online, the course is one session/week for 8 weeks. A device with internet connection is needed. Incentives are provided for regular attendance.
Or Call (509) 487-1603 Ext 222
Circle of Security Parenting Series
Presented by Danielle Allen & Wylie Rhoads
Contact: (509) 951-0794 | firstname.lastname@example.org
This FREE virtual program provides support and knowledge for parents as they navigate the emotional needs of their children.
Program Details & How To Register
We are currently enrolling parents for the next virtual group starting on Wednesday, July 7th!
This program is 8 weeks long, via zoom, every Wednesday from 3-4:30pm.
Contact Danielle Allen if you are interested in joining! at email@example.com or (509) 951-0794
Strengthening Families Class Series
for families and youth ages 10-14
Hosted by NorthEast Washington ESD 101
4202 S Regal St. Spokane, WA 99223
Program Details & How To Register
The classes are offered online starting January 20th and run to March 4th of 2021. The class is geared towards helping parents and youth (10-14) learn to manage emotions, set goals, avoid peer pressure, make better decisions, and create better relationships. Meals will be provided on Thursdays before the classes.
The youth sessions are Wednesdays from 6-7 pm
Parent sessions on Thursdays from 6-7 pm
Family sessions on Thursdays from 7-8 pm
All questions can be emailed to Ljuarez@esd101.net
People can secure their spot by visiting https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/SFP2021