How to use our services
- Call us anytime at 509-535-3155 and ask to speak with a Family Support Specialist.
- The Family Support Specialist will ask you a few questions about why you are in need of Crisis Nursery services, and determine how we can best help you and your children.
- All requests for child care are accepted as space and need allow. If space is available, we will schedule a time for you to bring your children to the Crisis Nursery.
- Upon arrival, our Family Support Specialist will talk with you about your situation in a confidential and non-judgmental manner. With you, we will determine how long your children will need to stay at the Crisis Nursery. This might be just a few hours, or up to three days if necessary. This also is an opportunity for us to refer you to other community services that may be helpful to you and your family.
- During this intake session, we will ask for pertinent information about how to best care for your children during their stay. This will include a brief medical history, special dietary needs, or any other special needs your children might have.
- A house parent or volunteer will help your children get settled in the Nursery child care center. Here our staff of house parents and trained volunteers will give the children the nurturing care that will make their stay at the Crisis Nursery a fun and relaxing experience.
Remember, the Vanessa Behan Crisis Nursery is open 24-hours a day, 7 days a week. Call us anytime!